The BIS-F Shared Configuration can be used if the BIS-F ADMX can not deployed, this can have the following reasons:
- Citrix AppLayering: Domain Mode is in Platform Layer available only
- Computer running in Workgroup Mode
- Microsoft Azure: No GPO’s can be deployed
- SCCM Tasksequence Deploymnent: During TS Deployment GPO’s not processed, read very good Blog from my CTA colleague Dennis Span here
- New GPO’s / ADMX can not be easily integrated in your enterprise environment
Install BIS-F on your Admin Workstation and copy the ADMX as describes here to your local Admin Workstation C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions, after it run > cmd > as administrator > gpedit.msc open up the local policy and configure BIS-F on your requirements.
All settings are written to the local registry “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\LoginConsultants\BISF”
Configure also the BIS-F Shared Configuration, you can use a local path, e.g. “C:\Program Files (x86)\Base Image Script Framework (BIS-F)” to save the registry export there.
Open the Powershell as administrator and point it to the BIS-F Folder
> cd “C:\Program Files (x86)\Base Image Script Framework (BIS-F)\Framework”
> .PrepBISF_Start.ps1 -ExportSharedConfiguration
All the BIS-F registry Settings are exported to the JSON File, in the Path that you have entered in the Shared Configuration above
The Export creates 2 JSON Files:
- BISFSharedConfig.JSON: Store the Path to the BISFconfig_…json, where BIS-F can find the JSON Config
- BISFconfig_…json:Store all the BIS-F Settings, there are imported if you run BIS-F during preparation and personalization